Monday, June 21, 2010

Button bracelets

So, I have made button bracelets for the last year or so.  I have a TON of unmatched buttons, and wasn't really sure how to use them up, so I started making bracelets with buttons.  My first one, I tied knots at the ends after attaching toggles, but they were a bit bulky and unfinished looking.

After seeing numerous tutorials on washer necklaces and some notions you could use with twine, rope, etc....I decided to use them on the bracelets as well.

So....here is a show of bracelets through the years, ending with the one I made today just in time for Fourth of July!

So....here's the first attempt....I still wear it, since it goes with a TON of my wardrobe.  (I love earth tones)


Here is another one made using the clasps for cording:

and here is the one I made today (for the 4th):
I used the same notions I used on the pink one, but instead of using a lobster clasp attached to them, I simply left them as is, and used them as an instrument to keep the cord secure at one end, and to create a loop at the other.  I thought it turned out super cute!  I can't wait to wear it for the Fourth!!!!

I showed this off here:

Photobucket


2 comments:

  1. Hi, thanks for coming to my blog. What great button ideas you have! You and my daughter have similar tastes. She is the one who made the necklace for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan @ BobbypinsboardwalkJune 23, 2010 at 1:16 AM

    I love these bracelets. It's wonderful how you can theme them for the holiday or the occasion. Thanks for sharing this creative project!

    ReplyDelete