Thursday, July 15, 2010

I'm feeling sleepy....

okay, not really, but I have been going a little nutso over sleep masks lately!!  My daughter HAS to sleep with one, and I don't really mind, because it has given her a good nights rest for the past 6 months or so.  She is afraid of the dark, but for some reason, she is okay with the self inflicted darkness of a sleep mask.  I bought her one earlier this year as a reward for having adenoid surgery, and being such a trooper with it.  The mask has served her well.....but it bit the dust this week.  My 4 yr old son decided the elastic strap on the back was a fun slingshot thingy, and pulled a wee bit too hard.....boys being boys and all that! LOL

Sooo, I thought, well, it can't be that hard to make her a new cool one! (not sure I achieved the "cool" factor, but I made her one)  It was actually pretty fun, and easy.  I am on a new sleep mask kick now, and have had friends ask me to make them some.

Here are a few I have made so far:

My daughter's new mask...
the "Owl" mask I made for my friends 2 yr old.....


the one I made for my friend who wanted scull and crossbones.... (not the best one)

I am going to try my hand at a few more today, and may list them if they turn out cute!  I'll let you know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment