So, the kids are now officially out of school for the summer, and I was blog surfing, and thought I would take a peek at Brittneys Budget Crafts and just happened to see she nominated me for this award. She is also my first follower, so I am officially her biggest fan now! LOL Thank you, Brittney!
Rules of receiving this award:
1. Thank the person who gave you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic! (in no particular order...)
4. Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award.
Seven things about myself,
1. I am married and have 3 kids. Taylor, who is 8, Tate, who is 6, and Zachary, who is almost 4. They make each day an adventure, and they give me new stories to share everyday. With 3 of them, I never lack material anymore!
2. I am very active at their school. In fact, I took over as the PTO president this spring when the current president was called into active duty. I was asked if I would continue to serve my own full term, which is 2 years, and I only hope I can do the position justice.
3. I have a sweet tooth like nobodies business, but it isn't crazy about chocolate. If I HAVE chocolate in the house, and all my smarties or gobstoppers are gone, I might eat it....but not always. (yes, I am a female....just missing that gene, I guess)
4. I taught myself how to crochet after seeing these great baby blankets my friends were getting, and thinking "I could do that". I bought a book with a few pictures, and a sampling of some basic stitches, and my love of yarn began.
5. My mom was always sewing when I was growing up. (she still is) She taught us the basics, and I have enjoyed tinkering with it over the years. I am still a novice, and from time to time will sit down with some material I don't care for and just mess around with my machine to play with the different stitches. YES, I am a craft nerd.
6. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE music. I used to play piano, and I used to sing.....but after moving out of a house where I had access to a piano, I stopped playing. BUT, I can lose myself in a song.....my kids know not to talk to me if I am listening to one of my favorites because I won't hear them. (bad mommy award, hand it over!)
7. I started my blog as a way to keep track of my crafts, and pictures of them. I have found that over the years I have lost pictures of things I made and given as gifts, and wish I was able to find them. I figured this blog would be like a diary of sorts to help me keep track of them, and keep track of other great blogs that inspire me.
So, now is my turn to share the blog award.
And the award goes to....
Lolly Jane Boutique
Kristikoo Handmade Gifts
The CrEaTiVe CraTe
Life on Old Savannah
Living with Punks (how can you go wrong with that name?? LOL)
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
Helping Little Hands
Thanks for the inspirations! :)