Monday, June 8, 2009

This may be the beginning...

of a beautiful relationship.

I spend most of my free time (not much with 3 children and work) working on crafts of different sorts. I have seen numerous blogs from other crafters and frequently find inspiration from them, so I decided to track my "crafting" and maybe inspire someone else.

I taught myself how to do many different crafts, but the one I love the most is crochet. I taught myself how about 8 years ago, and started with simple scarfs, etc. I was just asked by a good friend to make a sack boy (Little Big Planet character) for her son, but could not find a pattern to save my life. There were many knitting patterns available, but that is ONE craft I haven't taught myself yet. I worked, and worked, frogging it numerous times, and came up with a prototype. I wrote it all down as I went, and then tweaked it a bit to make the final piece. I was very proud of it, and as far as I know, he is thrilled with it.

Here is the final little guy:

(crocheted sack boy)
I made him with weighted legs so he could stand on his own, and he stands about 8 inches high.  The pattern is for sale at whimsandtrims.etsy.com

2 comments: